Managing Director of BlackLine Advisory Group
As a Managing Associate in the firm’s Nashville office, Josh is considered a trusted advisor in the financial technology (fintech) industry. He also serves as the head of the firm’s blockchain team. Additionally, he is the managing director of BlackLine Advisory Group, a fintech consulting firm and ancillary business of Frost Brown Todd.
Josh’s prominent work in the fintech industry includes representing businesses ranging from public companies to start-ups with the following:
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Strategic business transactions
- Bitcoin and Blockchain technology
- Initial Coin Offerings “ICOs”
- Smart contracts
- Contract negotiations
- Operational matters
- Money service business & Money transmitter issues
- Visa and MasterCard rules
Josh also has extensive experience representing the health care industry and other industries in general corporate matters. He advises clients on issues affecting private equity, joint ventures and start-ups. He also provides guidance to clients regarding securities law compliance and periodic reporting by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Engagements
- Undisclosed acquisition of blockchain company, with purchase price in Pre-ICO rights – Counsel for the acquiring company.
- Undisclosed ICO launch – Counsel for planned token offering.
- $5 million cryptocurrency hedge fund launch – Counsel for the fund.
- International Expansion and Joint Venture – Counsel for the joint venture.
Financial Technology Engagements
- $340 million revenue systems company merger – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $226 million payment processing company acquisition – Associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $26 million merchant portfolio acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $12 million point of sale solutions ISO acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the selling company.
- $750 million health care company merger – Lead associate counsel for the target company.
- $500 million debt offering – Associate counsel for the issuer.
- $120 million hospital acquisition – Lead associate counsel for the acquiring company.
- $40 million venture capital portfolio creation – Lead associate counsel for the venture capital fund.